Juniors round-up: Leiper is hat-trick hero for Linlithgow

editorial image
Have your say

Bonnyrigg Rose battle for precious points


Carnoustie Panmure 3

Linlithgow Rose 4

Carnoustie went ahead on 15 minutes after a howler by keeper Adams allowed McCabe to tap home from close range. Colin Leiper volleyed Rose level but Black restored Carnoustie’s lead shortly after. The visitors squared things up on 26 minutes when Kelbie scored from the spot but the second half belonged to Leiper who scored twice to register a hat-trick. McIlravey reduced the lead with five minutes remaining.

Carnoustie Panmure: Cormack, McGeehan, MacDonald, Millar, Roche, Roberts, McIlravey, Black, McCabe, Gray, Simpson. Subs: Neath, Cook, Smith, Gersok, MacPherson.

Linlithgow Rose: Adams, Thom, Baptie, McKenzie, Leiper, Ruari MacLennan, Batchelor, Shirra, Kelly, Weir, Kelbie. Subs: Coyne, Strickland, Jones, McGregor, McKinven.

Hill of Beath Hawthorn 2

Bonnyrigg Rose 3

Wayne McIntosh was the hero again for ten-man Rose with a late header to send his team back to the top of the league. The home side scored in 16 minutes through Lewis McKenzie. Lewis Turner equalised in 57 minutes and an Adam Nelson rocket put Rose ahead. In 67 minutes Shaun Leishman levelled again for Hawthorn. Kerr Young saw red for Rose before McIntosh won the game late on.

Hill of Beath: Hall, McCulloch, Connors, Wilson, Dair, Moffat, Renton, Leishman, Hay, McKenzie, Smith. Subs: Millar, Bryce, Grierson, Fowler, Cunningham.

Bonnyrigg: Andrews, Brown, Donaldson, Stewart, Young, Hoskins, Turner, Kidd, McGachey, Nelson, McIntosh. Subs: Horne, Drummond, Gray, McLaren, Rooney.

Newtongrange Star 0

Tayport 1

An exciting game finished with a late penalty as both teams ended up with ten men. Newtongrange had the bulk of the pressure in scoreless first half. Star’s Gary Tulloch was sent off for a double booking and Tayport were awarded a penalty in the 71st minute which Marc Ogg converted. Star’s Craig Thomson smashed a free-kick off the bar and Tayport’s Connaire Connelly was given a straight red card. Tayport were awarded a penalty on full time which Jim McQueen saved.

Newtongrange: McQueen, McManus, Tulloch, Tolmie, Dunn, Noble, Thomson, Cherrie, Renton, King, Wilson. Subs: Cropley, Coult, Murray.

Tayport: Sorley, Ogg, Robertson, Ovenstone, Anderson, Elvin, Rollo, Tulleth, Reid, Cavanagh, Connelly. Subs: Finlay, Smith, Watson, Sutherland.


Forfar West End 2

Arniston Rangers 2

Arniston took the lead midway through the first half when Kyle Doig found the net with a super effort. Lumbert Kataleza doubled their five minutes into the second half. Forfar pulled a goal back when Graeme Hart scored on the hour mark and levelled things deep into injury time when Matthew Ramsay scored with almost the last kick of the ball.

Forfar West End: Burns, Steven, McDonald, Godfrey, McKenzie, Moncrieff, Fullarton, Ramsay, Hart, McLeod, Reynolds. Subs: Petrie, Bell, Crichton.

Arniston Rangers: Cornet, Centenarian, Kerr, Callaghan, Faulds, Garden, Somerville, McFadden, Kataleza, Doig, Jeffrey. Subs: Moffat, McCaul.


West Calder United 1

Tranent 4

A KAYNE PATERSON goal in the 36th minute was all Tranent had to show in a first half they dominated. It took the visitors until the 56th minute before Neil Smeaton added a second. Kenneth Fisher then scored a third. West Calder hit back with an easy tap-in for Paul McLaughlin to reduce the deficit late on. In the final minute, Paterson grabbed his brace when he scored direct from a free-kick.

West Calder United: McAllister, Gardiner, Paton, Deigan, Fyffe, Fleming (P McLaughlin 55), S McLaughlin, A McLaughlin, Robertson, McLean, Sneddon. Subs: Rennie, Hamilton, Mitchell.

Tranent: Inglis, J Patterson, Beaton, Gordon (Hunter 46), Smeaton, Smith, Manson (Miller 45), Hawkins, Fisher, Murray, K.Paterson (McMillan 71). Subs: Flynn.