Juniors round-up: McCallum hat-trick boosts Penicuik

Ryan McCallum bagged a treble for Penicuik
Ryan McCallum bagged a treble for Penicuik
Have your say

Newtongrange Star begin with fine away win


Carnoustie Panmure 2

Newtongrange Star 4

A GOOD win for new Newtongrange boss Steve McLeish at Carnoustie. Robert Urquhart gave Carnoustie an early lead but Errol Douglas equalised quickly. Jordan Cropley converted a penalty for the Star just before the break with Douglas getting his second early in the second half. Kenny O’Brien scored a fourth for the Star with Mike McIlravey scoring Carnoustie’s second in the dying minutes.

Carnoustie: Robbie, Cook, McDonald, Miller, Trialist, J Black, Urquhart, R Black, McIlravey, McCabe, Gray. Subs: Simpson, Watson, Mackay.

Newtongrange: Dodds, Swaney, Noble, Richardson, Hamilton, Currie, Morris, Bracks, Douglas, Cropley, O;Brien, Subs: Lally, Wright, Wilson, Flynn, Trialist.

Hill of Beath Hawthorn 3

Broxburn Athletic 3

A THRILLING advert for the junior game with the hosts taking a three-goal lead into half time with Calum Adamson getting all three on six, 30 and 31 minutes in the hosts’ only three chances they had. The game turned for the better for the visitors when, after 48 minutes, a free-kick into the box was met by Nicholas Locke, who headed home, and four minutes later, after failure to clear a corner, the ball was finally headed into the net by Grant Gavin to give the visitors hope. The equaliser came again from a set-piece after an Anderson free-kick was put into the box and the ball finally broke to Alexander Miller, who curled a shot into the bottom far corner with 15 minutes remaining. All this work could have been to no avail when the hosts were awarded a penalty two minutes later, but Aaron Hay blasted his kick off the bar and the ball went loose before Adamson shot wide. The visitors had numerous chances to win all three points after this, but with no more scoring a share of the points was the end result .

Hill of Beath: Hall, Grierson, Connors, Bryce, Dair, Renton, Adamson, Reid (McGuire 67), Hay, Aitken (Smith 72), Allan. Subs: McDonough

Broxburn Athletic: Wallace, Gavin, Mampuya, Trialist, Rarity (Purves 46), Linton, Richards (McNaughton 85), A Miller, Locke, Donnelly (Nimmo 67), Anderson. Subs: M Millar, Donoghue.

Jeanfield Swifts 2

Penicuik Athletic 3

Penicuik went ahead in the 13th minute when Ryan McCallum hit the first of his hat-trick. Eight minutes later, he doubled Penicuik’s lead. Jeanfield worked hard to get back into the game but Penicuik defended well to hold their two-goal lead at half-time. However, Jeanfield pulled a goal back in the 61st minute through Kevin Fowler. In the 71st minute, 
McCallum completed his hat-trick with a header from a Kyle Scott cross. John Anderson scored for the home side in the 80th minute of the match, but Penicuik held out comfortably for the win.

Jeanfield: Mitchell, McDermid, Fowler, Deans, Smith, Scott, Holt, Kelly, Gunnion, Mollison, Dewar Subs: Kinnon, Donovan, Anderson.

Penicuik: Bejaoui, K Scott, Janczyk, Hume, Young, Inglis, Lough, Barr, Somerville, McCallum, Montgomery Subs: Trialist, Lister, S Scott, Devlin, Gay.

Linlithgow Rose 1

Broughty Athletic 2

Broughty emerged with all three points from a dour tussle at Prestonfield. Neither keeper was tested in the first half, but Jamie McCunnie broke the deadlock for the visitors from the spot after 51 minutes. Then, with 16 minutes left and Linlithgow chasing the game, Jamie Winter picked up a loose ball in midfield and strode forward before chipping the ball over a despairing Richard Barnard to double Broughty’s lead. Tommy Coyne reduced the deficit with a penalty on 84 minutes which saw Danny Kavanagh pick up a red card but it was too little too late for the home side.

Linlithgow: Barnard, McNab, Hamill, B Donaldson, Leiper (Trialist 46), Beaumont, Batchelor, Shirra, Kelbie (Trialist 70), Coyne, Gray. Subs: Myles, Adams.

Broughty Athletic: Ross, McCunnie, Blair, Smart, McCord, Suttie, McLellan, Winter, McConnachie, Clark, Kavanagh. Subs: Myles, Mair, Collier, Kesson, Sinclair.


Tayport 1

Tranent 1

PROMOTED Tranent will feel robbed of all three points after Tayport grabbed a last-minute equaliser. Kevin Thomson had a terrific free-kick saved by the keeper in the first period but the scoreline remained blank at half-time. Daniel Watt opened the scoring for Tranent with what looked like the winner but Marc Ogg scored an equalising penalty in the last minute before he was sent off at full-time.

Tayport: Sorley, Ogg Sturrock, Conway, Ovenstone, Sanchez, Alvares, Connolly, Reid, Mowat, Ross. Subs: Tulleth, Robertson, McDonell.

Tranent: Woods, Gordon, Christie, Todd, Thomson, Smith, Hawkins, Miller, Knight, McMillan, Murray. Subs: K Paterson, J Paterson, Watt, Kerr, Waters.