Juniors Round-Up: Musselburgh win but Broxburn hit for four

Sean Paliczka  scored for Musselburgh
Sean Paliczka scored for Musselburgh
Have your say

Penicuik defeat Sauchie at home


Fauldhouse 0

Musselburgh Athletic 2

In a tightly contested first half neither side created enough to open the scoring. The deadlock was broken in the 52nd minute when Jason Deans hit the ball past his own keeper to put Musselburgh ahead. Musselburgh’s Sean Paliczka grabbed a second goal for the visitors ten minutes later.

Fauldhouse: Murphy, Deans, Lawson, A Ross, Watson, Campbell, Stewart, Brown, Cowan, Donnelly, B Ross. Subs: Bonnes, Miller, Wilkins, Peace.

Musselburgh: Dodds, Swaney, Tufail, Gibson, Hamilton, Paliczka, Bracks, Myles, Jamieson, Thomson, Wright. Subs: Christie, McKenna, McLeish, Jackson.

Broxburn 0

St Andrews 4

St Andrews bounced back in style from last week’ 7-0 defeat by Bonnyrigg with Barry Sibanda being the catalyst of their win. He struck his first after three minutes when firing into the top corner from 20 yards. Kieron Sturrock struck a second with three minutes of the half remaining when rounding the keeper. Two minutes later the visitors got a free kick 20 yards out to the right hand side of the box and Sibanda fired in into the top left corner. McMullan was ordered off for the visitors with 30 minutes remaining but they still managed a fourth when a great ball down the right found Sibanda who cut inside to score his hat-trick.

Broxburn Ath: Maley, Willems, M Millar (Young 45), Rarity, Scott (Longridge 45), Richards, Nimmo, Locke, Dalrymple, Anderson. Subs not used: Gibson, Purves

St Andrews: Clarkson, McMullam, Wedderburn, Mackie, Whitehead, MxInnes, Brand, Rolland, Sibanda, Cunningham, Sturrock. Subs: Wilson , Murdock , Hutton , Lamont

Penicuik Athletic 3

Sauchie 2

Penicuik found themselves a goal behind in the 11h minute when Morrison burst through the defence to score. The visitors doubled their lead in the 32nd minute when Tully headed home from a corner. McCallum got one back for Penicuik in the 39th minute. Penicuik upped the pace and pressure in the second half and an own goal by Tapping levelled the score. Sauchie’s Duffin was sent for an early bath after a second yellow card. Then after good work by Somerville, McCallum got the winner for Penicuik.

Penicuik: Trialist, Young, McDermott, Liddle, White, Gay, Barr, Jancyzk, McCallum, Lough, Devlin. Subs: Thomson, Patterson, Somerville, Blaikie, Fraser

Sauchie: Harkness, Duffin, Syme, Tapping, Tully, Comrie, Flood, Morrison, Diack, Millar, Morgan. Subs: MacFarlane, Dolan, Cummings, Allan


Edinburgh United 1

Dalkeith 2

Dalkeith had plenty of the possession with no return in a first half where the best chance fell to United following a corner kick that resulted in an almighty goalline scramble just before the break. With a draw looking a likely outcome substitute Paul Tansey sent over a cross in the 73rd minute that eluded the United defence to nestle in the bottom 
corner. United looked to have secured a point five minutes from time when Chris Robertson scored following David Hay’s save from John Armstrong only for Tansey to hit the winner for the visitors a minute later with a brilliant angled strike from the edge of the box. Dalkeith’s Mattie Hunter was red carded for violent conduct after an off-the-ball incident deep into added-on time.

Edinburgh United: Easton, McGrath (Lee 68), N Robertson (Thomson 45), Armstrong, Auriemma, Dukyray (Hopkinson 53), Bennett, C Robertson, R Elliot, Stevens. Subs: C.Elliot.

Dalkeith Thistle: Hay, Scott-Mercer, Moriarty, Whitton, Gavin, Linton, Lally, McKenzie, O’Reilly (Tansey 68), Mike Hunter (Mattie Hunter 60), McNaughton (Spowart 80). Subs: Morrison, Robertson.