Youth wrap: Easthouses dressed to nines | Windsor 19s rule

Easthouses 16s progressed in the Colin Greenhill Memorial Trophy
Easthouses 16s progressed in the Colin Greenhill Memorial Trophy
Have your say

Easthouses FC 16s produced a ruthless display to reach the second round of the Colin Greenhill Memorial Cup, defeating Gorebridge United YFC 16s 9-2 at Easthouses Park.

Easthouses ran riot in attack in the first-half. Zac Scally raced through on goal to slot past Gorebridge keeper Reiss Trench and one then soon became two when a ball into the Gorebridge box was half cleared and Jamie Roseburgh smashed home.

Gorebridge heads were down and Easthouses continued to take advantage with two more goals before half time. Scally steered in Ben Lewis’ cross for a third before Arran Ferguson rattled home to make it 4-0.

Although Gorebridge pulled a goal back at the start of the second half through Byron Mckinley, strikes from Roseburgh and Ferguson ensured Easthouses weren’t going to let their lead slip.

Gorebridge keeper Trench made some fine saves throughout, but was little he could do to prevent Easthouses extending their scoreline further. A fine strike from sub Jack Gillan made it 7-1 to the hosts before Scally grabbed his third and fourth goals to make it 9-1.

Mckinley pulled another consolation back at the death for Gorebridge but the game as a contest was over.

• Musselburgh Windsor 19s edged into the second round of the South East Region Cup with a 2-1 win over Leith Athletic 19s at Meadowbank 3G.

After their previous meeting in the league which finished 2-1 to Leith, it was always going to be a close games. On this occasion, it was Mussy who took an early lead as Ross Greig’s snapshot from inside the box deflected into the Leith goal.

Shortly after Leith came close to finding a swift response through Jordan Smith, but Mussy held firm before upping the ante towards half time. They won a penalty when Jack Morgan in the box and Ross Greig stepped up from the spot to make it 2-0.

Leith probed for an equaliser in the second half and were rewarded when Smith fired home from inside the box.

As the game progressed both sides had opportunities to alter the scoreline but it remained unchanged. Musselburgh go on to face Dunbar United Colts 19s in the next round.

• Blackhall Athletic 17s picked up their second win of the season with a 3-1 win over Cramond Blues 17s at Tall Oaks Park.

The Division 2 game started with both sides looking likely to score. Blackhall looked determined to grab an opening goal and so did Cramond, but it was the hosts Blackhall that went 1-0 up. Stuart Ainslie seized the ball at the heart of the Cramond defence to slot home from the right-hand side of the area.

Cramond were desperate to carve out a response before the interval, but had to wait until the early stages of the second half to make it 1-1 when Cameron Archibald was the first to a goalmouth scramble to find the Blackhall net.

With 30 minutes still to play, the game was well in the balance, but Blackhall’s second of the game was to prove a crucial strike. Josh Vernon controlled and hammered the ball home from 25 yards to give his side the lead. It took the sting out of Cramond and Blackhall added a third late on, to ensure victory. Daniel Thomson leapt well to nod in a corner from the left hand side, giving Blackhall their second win of the season.