Youths: Bruce is the hero for Tynie 15s

Bruce McCrorie scores for Tynecastle 15s. Pic: Ross Walker
Bruce McCrorie scores for Tynecastle 15s. Pic: Ross Walker
Have your say

BRUCE McCRORIE was the hero for Tynecastle under-15s in the third round of the Trans-Atlantic SYFA Cup with two late goals in two minutes – securing a 4-3 victory over Albion Boys Club.

Albion had taken the lead for the first time in the match to make it 3-2 with just five minutes remaining only for left-back McCrorie, one of the most unlikeliest of scorers, to score a double and send his side into delirium.

The match began meekly with little in the way of chances in the opening ten minutes until Mitchell Cheyne of Albion sparked the tie into life with a rocket of a shot from just outside the box which cracked off the underside of the bar a minute later.

Tynecastle went from defence straight into attack and Murray Hand put the home side in front with a 35-yard strike, which with the wind behind it, sailed over the head of Albion goalkeeper Cameron Jarvie.

Cameron Dawson – the solitary goalscorer from when the two teams met in last season’s under-14s final – then put his side two ahead with a diving header to nod Brok Robertson’s dangerous cross in from the right, after 15 minutes.

Albion weren’t going to give in and they pulled a goal back from a free-kick immediately after, to set the topsy-turvy tone of the match. From just outside the box Cheyne’s low strike found the bottom corner with Tynecastle goalkeeper Fraser Briton only able to get a hand on the shot.

The Aberdeen side drew level five minutes before half time through Matthew Cumming. Liam Morrison’s cross swept in front of the goalmouth, somehow found its way to Cumming at the backpost, who flicked the ball into the top corner.

The weather conditions were causing problems for both sides in the second half with the wind and rain preventing either side from playing quality football.

With just five minutes left and extra-time on the horizon, Albion went ahead for the first time. From a short corner Cameron Stephens swung the ball into the box but with Cameron Moultrie and Sam Robertson causing trouble for Tynecastle, the ball evaded everyone, including Briton and nestled in the corner of the net.

Just two minutes later though, McCrorie popped up for Tynecastle at the back post to level – bundling the ball into the net – on the end of Jay Kilboy’s cross and then just a minute later he sent his team-mates into wild celebrations. Albion were still rueing the equaliser and with Tynecastle’s Deschamp McDelling putting Jarvie under pressure, McCrorie slid the ball into the net.

Meanwhile, Hutchison Vale under-19s required extra-time to defeat Clydebank in the third round of the Scottish Cup but only after securing an equaliser to make it 2-2 in the final minute of normal time.

A goal in the second half of extra-time from Robel Dent sent Hutchie into the last-32 and head coach Alan Watson hopes his side can get a good run in the competition. He said: “Luck always plays a part in the Scottish Cup and with a bit of it I fancy us to get a good run.”

Hutchie were ahead after 15 minutes through Ryan Malcolm after a good passing move ended with the striker firing into the net inside the box.

The home side were inent on increasing their lead but a host of missed chances prevented them doing so and Clydebank got their equaliser on 85 minutes thanks to Zack Birnie from the penalty spot.

Clydebank thought they had got the winner when Joe Toye gave them the lead in the 89th minute only for Connor McGregor’s sensational 25-yard volley in the last minute set up extra-time. Robel Dain was then the hero for Hutchie, when, after beating a defender he found the bottom corner of the net.

Elsewhere, Kirkliston & South Queensferry continued their excellent start to the season with a 6-3 home win in the Persevere Cup against league rivals Dunbar United Colts.

Kirkliston have racked up nine wins out of nine in Division 3 and they carried their red-hot form into the cup.

It was Dunbar who were ahead first though, when Jack Martlin got on the end of a stray Kirkliston back pass before sliding the ball past the goalkeeper.

Andrew Bradford levelled for the home side with a great free-kick before Dunbar regained the lead before half time through a Ricky Stewart strike. Kirkliston brought on little Luca Ward at half time and he got the equaliser with a header before Stewart again put Dunbar ahead.

Ward then levelled for Kirkliston before giant striker Fraser Glass used his size 11 feet to good effect with a tap in before further goals from Bradford and a solo goal from Ryan Forrest set Kirkliston up for a quarter-final tie away to Fernieside.