Youths: Hutchison Vale 14s beat cup conquerors

Hutchison Vale 14s
Hutchison Vale 14s
Have your say

HUTCHISON VALE 14s enjoyed a convincing 3-0 win over Tynecastle in Division 1 at Edinburgh Academy Playing Fields.

Hutchie, who suffered South East Region Cup final defeat at the hands of Tynie in May, took a seventh-minute lead as Fletcher Hendry got his body in the way to turn home Josh Winnik’s attempted clearance.

Vale grabbed a second midway through the first half, Hendry this time turning provider as he picked out Jonny Gordon on the left. The midfielder then whipped the ball into the far corner of the goal.

Before half-time, Tynie’s Ivan Alapiki was unlucky not to pull one back for his side when he steered the ball wide from close range.

After the interval, Hutchie upped their game again and, after Cameron Fraser had rattled an upright, he grabbed their third with a neat finish in behind the Tynecastle defence.

• Hendersons have a ball for Edinburgh City Blacks

EDINBURGH CITY BLACKS 13s edged out a resilient Bonnyrigg Rose 3-2 in Division 1 at Lasswade High School. Adam Henderson gave City the perfect start, cutting in from the left flank to fire in high into the net.

Rose respond just five minutes later, Patrick Heron rifling home from outside the box with an effort that gave City goalie Fraser Taylor no chance.

The pendulum then swung back the way of City as they took the lead and then extended it in a matter of minutes. Ben Henderson was first to react in the box to a bobbling ball to make it 2-1. Then, the same player doubled his account when he side-footed in a cross from the left-hand side.

Heron then pulled another back for Bonnyrigg but City held on for the win.

• Tynecastle 16s grab first win of season

Last year’s Division 1 champions, Tynecastle 16s, picked up their first win of the season with a comfortable 4-0 victory against Leith Athletic.

Tynie dominated early on and had a goal to show for their efforts after 20 minutes. Dan Purves picked up a loose ball on the edge of the area before drilling in from 12 yards.

Ten minutes later, it was 2-0. Captain Ciaran McKenzie was in the right place at the time in the box to turn in a corner.

His team-mate in defence, Andrew Lickley, made it 3-0 to put Tynecastle in a very comfortable position at the interval. Todd Teviotdale provided the free-kick from the right and Lickley nodded in at the far post.

Into the second half, and Tynie picked up where they had left off. A fourth goal followed as Purves grabbed his second. After good build-up play, Purves shot home after being played in by Owen Winnik.