Youths: Slick show from Edinburgh City 13s

Edinburgh City 13s
Edinburgh City 13s
Have your say

Edinburgh City 13s picked up another three points in Division 3 with an 8-0 win over Cramond at Forrester High School.

City broke the deadlock after 12 minutes. Connor White set up Jack Sutherland in the box with a well-measured pass before the striker bundled the ball home.

Cramond fought back and had chances as the half progressed but City saw out the remainder of the half a goal up.

In the second half, City ran riot, adding seven more to their tally. Fraser Stewart doubled his side’s lead with a well struck volley from outside the box before goals from Aidan Cameron and Sutherland put the hosts out of reach. City didn’t let up with Finlay Byers and another from Cameron taking the score to six. Then, into the final ten minutes, clinical finishing from James Jackson and Storm Whitelaw rounded off a dominant City performance.

• United front clinches win

Edinburgh United 17s saw off a resilient Cavalry Park to secure a 3-1 Division 1 victory at Paties Road. After an even opening period, United took the lead 25 minutes in, Ryan O’Donall on hand to turn the ball in. United doubled their lead five minutes later and in some style. Dylan Wight striking a free-kick from 25 yards which flew into the top-left corner.

United were looking good value for their lead and things got even better for the home side just before the break, Danny Peden scoring a penalty to make it 3-0.

After the break, Cavalry Park produced a much-improved performance and it wasn’t long before they were rewarded with a goal. Stuart Mackrell sent a through pass to Colum Tulloch, who dispatched the ball at the near post.

Cavalry Park continued to push forward but United held on for all three points.

• Edina Hibs march on

Edina Hibs CFC 2002 14s progressed to the second round of the Pilmar Smith Cup thanks to a 3-0 win over Leith Athletic Colts at Leith Links.

After some initial patient probing in the final third, Hibs got themselves into the lead with 20 minutes on the clock. Szymon Merwa broke from the halfway line before slotting the ball in low from just inside the box.

Athletic upped their efforts but had little joy in front of goal.

With 20 minutes to go, they were made to pay for missed opportunities when Hibs grabbed another.

Captain James Stewart saw his free-kick spilled in the Athletic box and Jamie Martin followed up the loose ball to double his side’s lead.

Late on, Hibs wrapped up an impressive victory when Devan Craighead struck a thunderous effort from distance to put his side out of sight. Hibs go on to face Salvesen CFC at home in the next round of the competition with a semi-final spot up for grabs.