Here’s what’s making the back pages of this morning’s newspapers in Scotland ...
• Raith Rovers captain Jason Thomson says former club Hearts are the ‘team to beat’ in this season’s Championship (The Sun)
• Celtic and Scotland skipper Scott Brown is set to return from a hamstring injury ahead of schedule tomorrow, but team-mate Charlie Mulgrew is out with a knee problem that may require surgery (various)
• Rangers manager Ally McCoist says he wouldn’t criticise the Rangers support if they decided to boycott Ibrox in an attempt to starve the current regime out of office (various)
• Rangers midfielder Ian Black says the off-field problems he endured at Hearts have steeled him for any potential difficulties which lie ahead at Ibrox (various)
• Dundee manager Paul Hartley says he views new signing David Clarkson as a centre-forward rather than a wide player (various)
• Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal insists he has no regrets about letting Danny Welbeck leave for Arsenal as he felt the striker hadn’t done enough to convince him of his qualities (various)
• Tom Cleverley says he is happy to get away from some of the Manchester United boo-boys after joining Aston Villa on loan (various)