Worries to the four as Livi lie down

Share this article
Have your say

LIVINGSTON crashed to a 4-0 thumping at East End Park on Saturday, as the Lions’ slow start to the season continued against Dunfermline.

Goals from Ryan Thomson and Jordan McMillan along with an Andy Barrowman double were enough to see the home team safe with three points, with Livi failing to threaten for long spells.

The visitors had hoped to build on the recent win at Falkirk, but after defeat last week at home to Partick Thistle they succumbed to a second defeat in as many weeks.

Jim Jeffries’ men wasted 
little time in battering Andy McNeil’s goal.

With ten minutes played Ryan Wallace drilled a low ball across the six-yard box, but Barrowman couldn’t stretch far enough to get anything on the cross.

The striker then had a great chance to open the scoring six minutes later, but after finding himself in space ten yards out he pulled his effort wide.

Wallace was next to have a go for the Pars, with his 20 yard shot well held by McNeil. The opener arrived on 26 minutes. Wallace was again involved as he robbed Jesus Garcia Tena of possession down the right, before charging into the box and squaring to Barrowman who had an easy finish.

Dunfermline made it two on the half hour when McMillan burst free on the right hand side of the box, composed himself and drilled the ball low beyond McNeil.

The second half started in similar fashion as Wallace was denied from eight yards by a fine McNeil block, but the Pars soon found the net again.

Just as two goals in four 
first-half minutes had given the home side the lead, another two in four minutes just after the hour mark finished off the Lions.

Thomson pounced on a looping header across the six-yard box to bundle the ball home, then Barrowman beat McNeil to a long ball forward and, with the keeper stranded outside his box, casually lobbed home 
Dunfermline’s fourth.

Livi struggled to respond and it wasn’t until the 90th minute they registered a meaningful 
effort at goal.

A free kick was floated long to the back post, but Craig Barr’s header was always heading over the bar.