Private Sector Leasing: A solution for former short-term let landlords and those facing homelessness in Edinburgh, says C~urb
Controversial licencing for short-term lets including fines of up to £2,500 for failure to comply is perhaps one of the factors attracting more landlords to let their homes through Private Sector Leasing, which guarantees them rent in advance whilst helping to alleviate homelessness in Edinburgh, says C~urb PSL.
The City of Edinburgh Council’s Private Sector Leasing (PSL) scheme – managed by accredited Letting Agent C~urb PSL – offers an attractive package to landlords whilst meeting housing need.
Benefits of the scheme to landlords are:
- No management or letting agency fees
- Rent guaranteed quarterly in advance, even if properties are empty through no fault of their own or tenants don’t pay
- Long-term leases for 3 or 5 years, with the option to extend
- Rent arrears and legal costs are fully covered, especially important to landlords given the current emergency legislation to delay certain evictions which the Scottish Government is consulting on longer term options for
- Tenant damage covered beyond fair wear and tear
- Regular property visits
- ISO-accredited maintenance service
- Optional repairs service
- Trouble-free investment management
- Positive social impact by providing much-needed accommodation to those in need
Over 1000 Edinburgh landlords are currently on the PSL scheme which won the Chartered Institute of Housing’s Excellence in the Private Rented Sector award in 2022.
The positive impact on those helped by PSL is beyond doubt. Tenants get access to the LinkLiving support service and a team of highly trained and dedicated staff.
One C~urb PSL tenant said: “I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincerest gratitude to the C~urb organisation and its most competent staff for all the help, guidance and advice that you have given me over these very difficult years. I have no idea what I would have done without you.”
“A godsend for landlords”
C~urb PSL’s unique offering provides landlords with an opportunity to take a hands-off approach to letting their property with peace of mind knowing rents are guaranteed.
Ken, a PSL landlord said: “C~urb’s PSL scheme is a godsend for landlords looking for trouble-free management. I have half of my property portfolio on the scheme and this is the half I can most relax with. A guaranteed income for 3 or 5 years paid in advance with no voids - it can't get any better!”
For more information or to arrange a free, no obligation rental valuation, complete C~urb PSL’s online enquiry form available at www.linkhousing.org.uk/CurbPSL, email [email protected] or call 0330 303 0087.
C~urb PSL is part of the Link Group.