Blaze hits popular West Lothian restaurant

A FIRE broke out this morning at a popular restaurant on Linlithgow High Street.

Friday, 16th December 2016, 10:17 am
Updated Saturday, 17th December 2016, 8:41 am
Smoke billowing out of restaurant Livingston's in Linlithgow as fire fighters attend the scene. Picture: Contributed.

Fire crews have been in attendance on Linlithgow High Street after a blaze broke out at Livingston’s restaurant just before 9 this morning.

The incident is understood to have started in a store room after a tumble drier caught fire.

A Scottish Fire & Rescue Service spokesman said: “We were alerted to a fire at Livingston’s restaurant in Linlithgow at 8.59am on Friday 16 December.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The blaze broke out on Linlithgow High Street. Picture: Contributed.

“The fire was contained to a room on the ground floor and is now extinguished – there were no casualties.

“Three appliances attended the scene and firefighters are now making the area safe.”

DOWNLOAD THE EDINBURGH EVENING NEWS APP ON ITUNES OR GOOGLE PLAY

Fire in store room at Livingroom At Livingston's, restaurant where a tumble drier caught on fire. Picture Michael Gillen.
The blaze broke out on Linlithgow High Street. Picture: Contributed.
Fire in store room at Livingroom At Livingston's, restaurant where a tumble drier caught on fire. Picture Michael Gillen.