Cigarette end blow for cafe

A LIT cigarette blown in from the street could have been to blame for a cafe catching fire yesterday.

By The Newsroom
Tuesday, 25th October 2011, 12:59 pm

Customers had to be evacuated after the blaze broke out at Espresso Mondo in Lothian Road at around 1.30pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Firefighters were called after receiving a report of a wall catching fire, and used two breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames.

It is believed the cigarette end may have blown in and set fire one of the timber panels.