Council confirm 'environmental cleanup' after Bonnyrigg fire
Midlothian Council can confirm a fire happened at a private domestic premises on Bonnyrigg High Street on Wednesday which resulted in the release of asbestos material.
As a result, specialist contractors have been assigned by Midlothian Council.
A Midlothian Council spokesman said: “As a precautionary measure, an environmental cleaning operation is underway in the immediate vicinity of the affected building.”
The council continues to work with relevant partners to monitor the situation.