Man, 28, charged in connection with ‘dangerous’ driving at Edinburgh Castle esplanade

Police Scotland has confirmed that a 28 year-old man has been charged in connection with an incident of ‘dangerous and irresponsible’ driving on the esplanade at Edinburgh Castle last week.

Saturday, 6th March 2021, 5:42 pm
Police Scotland has confirmed that a 28 year-old man has been charged in connection with an incident of ‘dangerous and irresponsible’ driving on the esplanade at Edinburgh Castle last week (Photo: Lisa Ferguson).

The incident happened on Sunday night.

It led to officers making further enquiries.

As a result, a 28 year old man has now been charged in connection with the matter.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Police have said that officers will continue to patrol the area after community concerns were raised.

Offenders will be dealt with ‘robustly’, police warned. A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "On the night of Sunday, 28 February, officers responded to reports of dangerous and irresponsible driving on the esplanade at Edinburgh Castle.

"We can confirm that, as a result of further enquiries, a 23-year-old man has been charged in connection with the incident.

"Officers will continue to patrol the area in the coming days, following community concern, and offenders will be dealt with robustly."

A message from the Editor:Thank you for reading this article. We're more reliant on your support than ever as the shift in consumer habits brought about by Coronavirus impacts our advertisers.

If you haven't already, please consider supporting our trusted, fact-checked journalism by taking out a digital subscription.