Police are investigating the death of a man in Edinburgh. Here’s what we know so far.
- A man was found unconscious in West Montgomery Place in the Leith area of the city during the early hours of Friday morning.
- Forensics officers have been spotted scouring the scene this afternoon.
- Emergency services responded to the incident at around 1am.
- Despite paramedics’ best efforts, the man was prononouced dead at the scene.
- Police are treating the death as unexplained and enquiries are continuing to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
- Officers remain at the scene this morning with a police cordon in place and a forensic tent erected.
- Residents on West Montgomery Place are being told to “sign in” in order to enter the street.
- A smashed up phone box has been reported nearby, however it is not known if this is linked to the death.
We’ll keep you updated with this breaking news story as we get it.
Join our Facebook group Our Edinburgh to share images and news from and around the Capital