Second man in court accused of attempted murder after 35-year-old found seriously injured in Edinburgh street
A second man has appeared in court accused of attempted murder after a 35-year-old man was found seriously injured in an Edinburgh street.
David Knowles, 49, appeared from custody during a private hearing at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Monday.
Knowles, from Edinburgh, faced charges including attempted murder and assault to severe injury, permanent disfigurement and danger to life.
He made no plea and was granted bail and the case was continued for further examination.
No date has been set down for Knowles’ next court appearance.
Stuart Jess, 38, also appeared at the Capital court last Wednesday accused of assault to severe injury, danger to life and attempted murder.
The two court appearances follow the discovery of a man at the city’s Wester Drylaw Drive. The man was said to have been seriously injured during an alleged incident on March 9.
Jess, from Ayr, made no plea during the private hearing and the case was continued for further examination.
Jess was remanded in custody and is due to appear back in court within eight days.
Detective Inspector Bob Campbell, of police Scotland, said previously that police were keen to speak to anyone who may have seen a black Dacia Sondero vehicle in the vicinity of Wester Drylaw Drive on the afternoon of Tuesday, March 9, and in particular to the occupants of a small white VW Caddy van that was seen in the area at this time.
DI Campbell also urged motorists with dash cams to check their footage as they may have captured images which would assist the police investigation.
He said there would be additional patrols in the area and local residents are encouraged to speak to these officers if they have any information or concerns.
Anyone with information should call Police Scotland via 101 quoting incident number 1880 of 9 March 2021. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be given anonymously.