Three in court accused of attempted murder after man found seriously injured in Edinburgh street
A trio of men have appeared in court accused of attempted murder after a man was found seriously injured in an Edinburgh street.
Marcus Scott, John Lucas and Steven Scott - aged 24, 42 and 47 respectively - appeared in private at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Wednesday to face the charges following the incident in Wester Drylaw Drive two months ago. All three men made no plea and were committed for further examination and remanded in custody.
A 35-year-old man was taken to hospital and received treatment for head, leg and arm injuries following an attack on March 9.
A 38-year-old man, Stuart Jess, and a 49-year-old man, David Knowles, were also charged in connection with the incident and appeared in court in March. Both of the men also face allegations of attempted murder.
General addresses were given in court on Wednesday for Marcus Scott as Bury, near Manchester, Coatbridge for Lucas and Motherwell for Steven Scott. Addresses were previously given as Ayr for Jess and Edinburgh for Knowles.
Following the incident in March, police appealed for witnesses and carried out door-to-door enquiries and said they would be checking CCTV in the surrounding areas.
It was the first of two incidents in Wester Drylaw Drive within three days. On March 12, a 33-year-old man was also found seriously injured in the street. Crimestoppers Scotland said it would offer up to £5,000 for information which leads to a conviction and police said they were treating the incident as attempted murder.
Police also previously appealed for information about two cars which may be connected to each of these incidents. In the second incident on March 12, officers said a black Seat Arona car was found burnt out on the Hawthorn Vale cycle path near Craighall Road. Police are investigating its whereabouts before and after the assault.