Three more men due in court over attack in Edinburgh street which left man seriously injured
Police have charged three more men in connection with an attack which left a man seriously injured in an Edinburgh street.
The 35-year-old was taken to hospital and received treatment for head, leg and arm injuries following the incident in Wester Drylaw Drive on Tuesday, March 9.
Three men - aged 24, 42 and 47 - are due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Wednesday over the incident.
A 38-year-old man and a 49-year-old man were also charged in connection with the assault and appeared in court in March. Both of the men faced allegations of attempted murder.
Detective Inspector Bob Campbell previously appealed to anyone who may have seen a black Dacia Sondero vehicle in the vicinity of Wester Drylaw Drive on March 9.
Following the incident, police officers carried out door-to-door enquiries and said they would be checking CCTV footage in the surrounding areas.
In a subsequent attack in the same street on March 12, a 33-year-old man was found seriously injured. Crimestoppers Scotland said it would offer up to £5,000 for information which leads to a conviction. Police said they were treating the incident as attempted murder.