WARNING after dog reportedly dies from consuming 'poison' in an Edinburgh park

PET owners have been warned after a dog was reportedly "poisoned" in a park.

Thursday, 3rd October 2019, 5:00 pm
Updated Thursday, 3rd October 2019, 5:11 pm
Campbell Park, where the poison was reportedly found

Crighton Pet Services said the animal died after consuming poison in Campbell Park in the Colinton Area.

It posted a warning on Facebook saying: "Please be aware that we’ve had reports of a dog being poisoned at Campbell Park in Colinton.

"Tragically, the dog died.

"This was originally reported as rat poison laid by the council - however, another dog walker contacted the council and they have said that their rodent poison is encased to prevent the wrong animals getting to it and it’s unlikely this was the cause. They are investigating the matter further."

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Read More

Read More
'I'm dealing with the kids asking where he is' - Prestonpans couple are 'numb' after discovering their puppy dead in their hot tub

"Please whatever you do avoid that park or at least don’t let your dogs run round the edges of the park or where the big container is!"

The post has been shared over 200 times.

One dog owner has since commented: "I’m going to start muzzling my dog for his own safety.

"It’s absolutely shameful that people could do this."

A spokeswoman from Edinburgh City Council said: "“We are aware of the matter and are currently investigating the area.”