Gordon Sievewright, 69, from Edinburgh died after a suspected gas leak caused a major explosion in the four-storey tenement building and a fire at around 5pm on Tuesday, September 10.
Fountainbridge has remained closed as attemptes to make the building structurally safe continue.
The fire was extinguished and extensive damage was found to have been caused to the building, with neighbouring properties also requiring a thorough structural assessment.
Road closures have been in place since the incident with Fountainbridge remaining closed.
In a statement released through Police Scotland, the family of Mr Sievewright said: “As a family we are deeply shocked and saddened at Gordon’s passing. We would like to thank the police and the other emergency services for their efforts and ongoing sensitivity.
Chief Inspector Scott Richardson said: “I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Mr Sievewright as they come to terms with their loss. They have asked that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.
“We continue to work to determine the full circumstances of the incident and the road closures will remain in place at this time.
“I would like to thank our partners for their assistance and the public for their continued patience and cooperation.”