Resident treated for burn wounds after Kingsknowe garage blaze

A KINGSKNOWE resident has been treated for burns following a fire at a residential garage in the area.

Emergency crews rushed to the scene at around 10:50 am this morning when concerned locals raised the alarm after spotting a plume of black smoke.

It is thought the fire began in a garage attached to a home in the South-West of the city.

Join our Facebook group Our Edinburgh to share images and news from and around the Capital

Firefighters and paramedics were in attendance and it is understood one resident was treated at the scened for burn-related injuries.

Fire crews have since brought the blaze under control and carried out dampening work at the scene.

A spokeswoman said: “The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 10.52am on Thursday, July 19 to reports of a garage on fire in Edinburgh.

“Operations Control mobilised two fire engines to Kingsknowe Gardens where firefighters extinguished the fire.

“One male was treated at the scene by Scottish Ambulance Service personnel but did not require hospital treatment.”

She added; “Crews left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe.”