LNER is running a reduced service on the East Coast Main Line, which runs between London King’s Cross and Edinburgh via Peterborough, York and Newcastle.
Edinburgh crime news: Teenage boy arrested after riding motorbike in a 'dangerous manner in a public place'
Tom Jones Edinburgh: Princes Street Gardens concert stage times, support, setlist and how to get there
Edinburgh fire: Blaze breaks out at Franco's fish and chip shop in Newington
Olivia Newton-John: John Travolta leads tributes to Grease co-star following her death at 73
West Lothian crime: Man, 33, arrested after assault and theft in Livingston and robbery in Broxburn
A spokesman for the operator said: “LNER is working with Hitachi and other the rail industry partners to return as many trains back into service as safely and as quickly as possible.
“As investigations are continuing and the schedule for repairs is being developed, further information on timings will be released in due course.”
A post on LNER’s Twitter page reads: “Due to ongoing disruption, there are a number of cancelled/altered services across our route today.”
Service updates affecting Scotland on Tuesday:
- 08:30 London Kings Cross to Edinburgh due 13:12
- 09:00 Edinburgh to London Kings Cross due 13:39
- 09:52 Aberdeen to London Kings Cross due 17:02
- 10:00 London Kings Cross to Aberdeen due 17:06
- 11:00 Edinburgh to London Kings Cross due 15:39
- 13:00 Edinburgh to London Kings Cross due 18:02
- 14:00 London Kings Cross to Aberdeen due 21:13
- 14:52 Aberdeen to Newcastle due 19:02
- 16:00 London Kings Cross to Aberdeen due 23:11
- 17:00 London Kings Cross to Edinburgh due 21:22
- 18:18 Aberdeen to Leeds due 00:45