Calum Booth disappointed as home debut on loan at Livingston ends in loss

LIVINGSTON loan signing Callum Booth was left disappointed after his home debut ended in defeat to Partick Thistle, but the Hibs full-back says he’s settled in quickly at Almondavle and is already looking to put things right in next week’s match at Dunfermline.

A Steve Lawless double was enough for top-of-the-table Thistle to cancel out Jordan Morton’s effort for the home side and claim all three points on a blustery afternoon in West Lothian.

And Booth – who arrived on deadline day from Leith and made his debut in the 2-1 win at Falkirk a fortnight ago – says that despite Saturday’s result he’s enjoyed his first few weeks in a Livi jersey.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

He said: “I knew most of the coaches here and a few of the players as well so it’s been easy to settle in.

“The training’s been really enjoyable. We try and get the ball down and pass it and that suits my game.

“On Saturday, I thought in the first half we didn’t really get near them, but in the second half we played more like we’re used to playing.

“We got the ball down and passed it a lot better than in the first half and maybe deserved a draw.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

“We had a few chances in the second half, and once we got the goal we had a good ten minute spell, but it’s just unfortunate that we couldn’t get the equaliser so it’s a disappointing result.

“Thistle passed the ball about well and they looked confident as they should do when they’re top of the league.

“We were focusing on Partick Thistle all week and now we’ll get back on the training ground and turn our attention to 
Dunfermline, and try to get the three points over there.”

Lawless smashed home from 20 yards in 38 minutes to give the visitors the lead their first half play merited.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Chris Erskine and Jordan Morton then both hit the woodwork for their respective sides before half time, before Lawless grabbed his second with a low finish just after the break.

Morton blasted home from ten yards to give Livi hope on the hour mark, but despite late chances for Craig Barr and Marc McNulty they couldn’t find an equaliser.