Junior Cup round-up: Penicuik sail through into round three

Musselburgh hit eight; Haddington pegged back

Tuesday, 25th October 2016, 9:13 am
Updated Tuesday, 25th October 2016, 4:53 pm
Keith Lough was on target for Penicuik

Craigmark 0

Penicuk 4

Penicuik took the lead in the 34th minute when Wayne Sproule lobbed the keeper. Two minutes later it was 2-0 when Aaron Somerville scored. Two second-half goals in three minutes put the game to bed. The first was a deflected shot by Lewis Barr and then a 20-yard Keith Lough free-kick rounded off the scoring.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Craigmark: Brotherstone, Barratt, Dawson, McKay, Kirkwood, McKambley, Gallagher, Dyer, Dempster, Hall, Reid Subs: Nairn, Mair, Steele, McCrory

Penicuik: Bejaoui, Forbes, Noble, Hume (c), Young, Janczyk, Sproule, Barr, Somerville, Lough, Montgomery Subs: K Scott, Connolly, S Scott, McCallum, Gay

Petershill 2

Dalkeith 1

Dalkeith took the lead when Callum McNeil scored after only four minutes, but they were pegged back in the 23rd minute when Liam Finnigan converted a penalty. It was a close second half, but Petershill edged the tie with a strike from Stuart McCann.

Petershill: White, McGhee, Bradley, Wilson, Kennedy, Murch, McCann, Stevenson, Hardie, McGladrigan, Finnigan. Subs: Crerand, Hall, Ketterer, Kelly, McRae.

Dalkeith: McQueen, Murray, Redpath, McGlashan, McNeil, McQueenie, McLean, Hunter, Devlin, Wales, Muir. Subs: Greig, Robertson, Waugh, Combe.

Musselburgh 8

Craigroyston 4

Craigroyston took the lead on 25 minutes through Keith Buckley, but Musselburgh equalised ten minutes later when Mattie King headed home. The visitors regained the lead through Gary Dolan, but two minutes later Mussy again levelled via Ewan Ralton before Conor Thomson put them ahead just before half time. A minute after the restart King got Burgh’s fourth and five minutes later David McKenzie scored a fifth and King got his hat-trick. Jason Young reduced the deficit before Declan O’Kane increased the lead again. Buckley and King completed the rout.

Musselburgh Athletic: Renton, Davie, Thomson, Dunn, O’Kane, Murphy. Cherrie, McKenzie, King, Porcher, Ralton. Subs: Spowart, Guiney, Forster.

Craigroyston: Beveridge, Taylor, Pennycuik, Nisbet, Dickson, Young, King, Buckley, Inglis, Dolan. Subs: Rooney, Sutherland, Hawkins, Tansey.

Shotts 3

Haddington 3

Haddington blew a 3-0 lead as Shotts came back to earn a replay. Goals from Scott Wright, Scott Moffatt and Chris Robertson put the visitors in control, but Shotts came roaring back in the second period through strikes by Sean McKenna, Gavin McPherson and Danny Burns.

Shotts: Murdoch, Eadie, Lindsay, Brophy, MacPherson, Livingstone, Campbell, Scott, Duffy, Maguire, Burns. Subs: McKenna, McGuiness, Sutherland, McGraw (SG).

Haddington: S Inglis, Cairney, Ponton, Bauld, Cunningham, 
Fairnie, C Inglis, Hill, Robertson, Moffat, Wright. Subs: Chapman, Devlin, Ingram, Jones, Woods.

Tranent 4

Longside 3

Longside opened up a two-goal lead through Duncan Wallace and Nicol Davidson. Kayne Patersonr reduced the margin before an easy tap-in from Kyle Mitchell levelled the scores. Just after the break Paterson edged Tranent ahead before Ben Millar added a fourth, with Longside’s Mark Stainton scoring a late penalty.

Tranent: Newman, J.Paterson, McKenzie (Todd 77), Christie, Kerr, Smith, K.Paterson, Millar, Mitchell (Fiddler 73), Murray, Fisher. Subs: Conlon, Smeaton, Waters.

Longside: Summers, Mair (Glennie 70), West, Bain, Stainton, Jamieson, Davidson (Heatherwick 58), Mackie (Marshall 66), Ramsay, Moir, Wallace.