Juniors round-up: Bo'ness keep up title pressure

Linlithgow see off champions to keep hopes alive

Monday, 4th April 2016, 8:00 am


Bo’ness United 3

St Andrews 1

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Bo’ness kept their slim title hopes alive with a thrashing of the Fife side. Stuart Hunter put Bo’ness ahead with a header after 13 minutes and Marty Wright doubled the advantage with a drilled shot. Hunter then made it three with another header before the visitors pulled one back through Paddy Deane. Any hopes of a comeback were quickly quashed after the interval when Fraser Keast scored twice to settle the game with the remainder played like a training session.

Bo’ness United: Christie, Donnelly, Devine, Gibb, Hunter, Gemmell, Simpson (Hamilton 59), Philp, Keast, Sloan (McDonald 76), Wright (Walker 65). Subs: Morrison & McAteer

St Andrews: Wilson, Dobie, Wedderburn, Sibanda, Patrick, Deane, Cunningham, (Brand 70), Mackie (Sturrock 80), Rolland, Whitehead, McNeish. Sub: Clarkson.

Broxburn Athletic 3

Carnoustie Panmure 1

Broxburn turned this game around after going down against the run of play to an early Marc Scott goal on 17 minutes. Kieron Anderson scored the equaliser from the spot, then got a second when he delightfully lobbed the keeper from an acute angle. The points were sealed when Anderson, out on the right, ran along the edge of the box and cut the ball to Nicholas Locke, who made no mistake from eight yards out.

Broxburn Athletic: Maley, Willems, Longridge, Manson, Rarity, Scott ,Nimmo (M Miller 88), Dalrymple, Richards (Young 83), Locke, Anderson. Subs: Purves, Magee, King.

Carnoustie Panmure: Cormack, Roche, McDonald, Millar, Buggins, Roberts, McIlvarey (Simpson 67), Gray (Brown 75), McCabe, Smith, M Scott. Subs: Brown, MacPherson.

Hill of Beath 2

Musselburgh Athletic 2

Musselburgh needed a win to bounce back from last week’s defeat. Hill of Beath’s Calum Adamson gave them the lead,which they held to the break. Musselburgh’s Sean Jamieson equalised in the 52nd minute before Jack Wright gave them the lead minutes later. Alex Christie was sent off for the visitors in the 67th minute. Hill of Beath drew level with a goal from James McCrindle with 10 minutes to go before Scott Swaney was sent off with a double booking for Musselburgh.

Hill of Beath: Hall, McCulloch, Connors, Wilson, Dair Leishman, Adamson, McCrindle, Hay, McKenzie, Smith. Subs: Bryce, Renton, Grierson.

Musselburgh: Dodds, Swaney, McLeish, Gibson, Christie, McKenna, Bracks, Myles, Palizcka, Jamieson, Wright. Subs: Thomson, Jackson.

Linlithgow Rose 3

Kelty Hearts 1

Linlithgow kept their slim title aspirations alive with a comprehensive win over the current champions. Colin Leiper volleyed the home side in front after eight minutes, but they survived a scare when
Calum Smith hit the post for the visitors a few moments later. With an hour played, midfielder Blair Batchelor made it 2-0 for the home side with a looping header before Kevin Kelbie hammered home from close range to kill the game off on 70 minutes. Calum Smith pulled one back for Kelty with ten minutes left but it was too little too late for the Fife men.

Linlithgow: Adams, Thom, Baptie, McKenzie, Leiper, Ruari MacLennan, Batchelor, Shirra, Strickland, Coyne, Kelbie (Kelly 75). Subs: Jones, McGregor, Weir, McKinven

Kelty: Allison, Carstairs, Morrison, O’Neill, Tom Courts, Conrad Courts, Husband, Greig, Smith, Ritchie (Campbell 75), Currie (Cargill 62). Subs: Banjo, McCabe, Henderson.


Dalkeith Athletic 2

Dundee Violet 1

Just before half-time, a crazy pass-back by Violet defender Blair Mudie was intercepted by Craig O’Reilly, who rounded stranded keeper Gordon Chalmers before squaring to Paul Tansey, who crashed the ball home to give Dalkeith the lead. The home side went further ahead in the 70th minute when O’Reilly sent over a perfect cross for Tansey to score his second with a powerful header. It was a nervous Dalkeith who held on after Ryan Dignan pulled one back for the visitors with two minutes still left for play.

Dalkeith Thistle: Hay, Scott-Mercer, Waters, Moriarty, Whitson, Linton, McNaughton, Hunter, O’Reilly, Spowart (Lally 67), Tansey (Robertson 80). Subs: McKenzie, McNeill.

Dundee Violet: Chalmers, Milton (Farquharson 82), Mudie, Sime, Degernier, Munro (Batchelor 68), McVicar, Dignan, O’Connor, Hood, Urquhart. Subs: Fraser, Henderson.

Haddington Athletic 3

Oakley 2

Oakley went ahead in the fourth minute of the match when Alan McDonough sent a free-kick from 20 yards in off the inside of the post. Scott Wright levelled from close range just two minutes later, after United keeper Manderson parried an Andrew Sinclair strike. Stanley Chitemere restored the visitors’ lead on 12 minutes, which they held on to until midway through the second half. Sinclair equalised on 67 minutes then scored what proved to be the winner within two minutes. Oakley finished the game with nine men, Reid collecting a second booking 16 minutes from time and Paterson seeing red in injury time.

Haddington: Amos, Forbes, Inglis, Hume, Cunnison, Fairnie, Wright, Berry, Sinclair, Devlin, Ponton. Subs: Martin, Hill, Dick, Harvey, Bleakley.

Oakley: Manderson, Fleming, Breen, McGowan, Brown, Paterson, Allan, Reid, McDonough, Chitemere, McNab. Subs: Carruthers, Fraser, Nicholson, Devaney, Adamson.