Juniors round-up: Linlithgow blow away Hearts

Broxburn's first-half blast

Monday, 9th May 2016, 5:30 am
Tommy Coyne scored twice for Linlithgow
Tommy Coyne scored twice for Linlithgow


Linlithgow Rose 4

Kennoway Star Hearts 1

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Linlithgow eased their way through this tie despite a spirited performance from the visitors. The deadlock was broken when Tommy Coyne scored from close range after 27 minutes. Gavin Smith gave his team a lifeline five minutes into the second half but Coyne nodded the home side ahead after 54 minutes. Rose took command as the visitors ran out of steam and MacLennan and Weir both crashed shots off the bar before Strickland scored twice.

Linlithgow Rose: McKinven, Thom, McKenzie, Weir, Leiper, Ruari MacLennan (McGregor 85), Batchelor, Shirra (King 80), Strickland, Coyne, Kelbie (Roddy MacLennan 78). Subs: Baptie, Adams.

Kennoway Star Hearts: Patterson, Boylan, Gray, Brewster, Young, Band, Lornie, Byers, Smith, Shaw (Bremner 5), Wilson. Subs: Ewing, Lee, Craig, Sutherland.

Musselburgh Athletic 3

Thornton Hibs 1

An early goal by Garry Thomson put the visitors in front. Musselburgh hit back just after the half-hour mark with two goals inside two minutes from Scott Gibson and Jed Davie. Just before half-time, Musselburgh were reduced to ten men when Liam McKenna was red-carded after a second yellow card. Musselburgh secured victory with a goal from Jack Wright in the 74th minute. Thornton’s Matthew Gay and Musselburgh’s Steven Thomson had efforts that hit the bar in the closing stages.

Musselburgh Athletic: Jackson, Christie, Myles, Gibson, McLeish, Thomson, Davie, Bracks, Swanney, McKenna, Paliczka (Wright 50). Subs: Dodds, Jamieson,

Thornton Hibs: Clark, Gilfillan, Wilson, S Drummond, A,Drummond, Adam (Gay 62) Schiavone, Hepburn, Ireland (Burns 88), Thomson, Crichton. Sub: Strachan.


Carnoustie Panmure 2

Broxburn Ath 5

Broxburn destroyed their hosts in a superb display. They opened the scoring in five minutes when good passing set up Nicholas Locke just inside the box and he gave the keeper no chance. The second was a wonder strike. When a corner was cleared it fell to Craig Scott 30 yards out and he shot into the top corner. Kieron Anderson fired in a free kick from the left 25 yards out and with Locke distracting the keeper with a timely run the ball sailed into the far bottom corner. A minute later Jamie McCabe got one back from the penalty spot. The visitors went 4-1 up when Locke gathered the ball in his own half sped down the right hand side leaving defenders in his wake before shooting home with two minutes of the first half remaining. Almost immediately Scott Richards made it five getting on the end of a Anderson free kick deep into the box. Steven Cook got his side’s second on half-time.

Carnoustie: Brown, Cook, MacDonald, Roche, Buggins, Roberts, Simpson (McGeechan 70), Gray, McCabe, Smith (L Scott 56), Neath (McIlvarey 46). Subs: Gersok, Millar.

Broxburn Ath: King, Longridge, Young, M Millar (Rarity 46), Willems, Scott, Richards, Robertson, Locke, Dalrymple, Anderson. Subs: Purves, A Miller, Maley.

Fauldhouse United 0

Penicuik Athletic 2

Penicuik took the lead in the 26th minute when Ryan McCallum converted a spot kick after Lister had been brought down and Fauldhouse were to ten men. In the second half, Fauldhouse were awarded a penalty after Lister handled the ball and he also received his marching orders. However, Bejaoui saved the penalty kick. In the 77th minute, McCallum converted a second penalty when Barr was pulled down in the box and Lawson, who was booked previously, went for an early bath.

Fauldhouse: Murray, Fallon, Lawson, K Ross, Watson, B Ross, Roberstson, Brown, Love, Donnelly, Wilkins. Subs: Peace, Bonnes, Cowan, Campbell, Miller.

Penicuik: Bejaoui, Devlin, McDermott, Meikle, Young, Barr, Gay, Jancyzk, Lough, MCallum, Lister. Subs: Liddle, Thomson, Blaikie, Patterson, Fraser.

Tayport 0

Bo’ness United 3

Fraser Keast, Will Snowdon and Ross Philp all went close for United early on. United had a strong appeal for a penalty turned down and just before the break Robert Sloan had a shot cleared off the line. Bo’ness went ahead when substitute Chris Donnelly scored from 30 yards and he then added a second with a close- range finish. Greig McDonald headed a third in injury time.

Bo’ness: S Christie, Snowdon, Hamilton, Campbell, Hunter, Sloan, Walker, Philp, Keast (Gemmell 62), Simpson (McDonald 80), Wright (Donnelly 59). Subs: Morrison, McAteer.

Tayport: Sorley, Ogg, Robertson (Rennie), Anderson, Elvin, Rollo, Reid, Sutherland, Cavanagh (Adam 71), Fleming, Tulleth (Christie 84). Subs: Christie.


Haddington Athletic 3

Lochee United 2

Lochee went ahead after just four minutes, Paul Blackwood claiming his 200th goal for the club. The Hi Hi drew level on 34 minutes when Jerry Draper scored direct from a corner. Steven Froude put the hosts in front from close range just before the hour mark but Lochee substitute Pat Martin headed home to make it 2-2. The Hi Hi had a man sent off but the ten men claimed victory when, with nine minutes left, Scott Wright rounded Fotheringham to score.

Haddington: Amos, Sproule, Draper, Hume, Forbes, Fairnie, Devlin, Berry, Wright, Froude, Ponton. Subs: Sinclair, Noon, Hill.

Lochee: Fotheringham, Kirk, Beedie, Hay, Percy, McComiskie, Blackwood, Deasley, Webster, Gallacher, Tawse. Subs: Bannon, Winter, Martin, Kadela, Hagan.