Seven people taken to hospital after gas leak in Saughton Park
Seven people were taken to hospital after a gas leak at Saughton Park in Edinburgh.
The Scottish Ambulance Service and Fire and Rescue confirmed that seven people were taken to hospital as a precaution.
A spokesperson for Scottish Ambulance Service said: “We received a call today to attend an incident at Saughton Park in Edinburgh. We dispatched our special operations team, one ambulance, a Patient Transport Service resource, and a manager to the scene. We transported seven patients to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.”
A spokesman for Scottish Fire and Rescue added: “The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 12.23pm on Friday, April 12 to reports of a suspected gas leak at a public garden in Saughton Park, Edinburgh.
“Operations Control mobilised one fire engine to the scene.
“Seven people have been taken to hospital as a precaution by the Scottish Ambulance Service.
“Crews left the scene after ensuring the area was safe.”