Edinburgh dog walkers beware, there's a poisoner about – Hayley Matthews
I have to admit I can't get my head around why on Earth anyone would intentionally try and poison dogs but sadly that's what's been going on at Montgomery Park.
After reading a post on Facebook that a kind guy had posted to alert everyone of the situation, I shared it to warn other dog owners on my Facebook page as well as alerting parents that some idiot had been leaving lots of dogs dental sticks in Montgomery Park filled with drugs!
I just can't comprehend it and it has left me feeling very angry that someone could be so irresponsible – putting not only the lives of pets and wildlife at risk but children's too.
Apparently there may have been some more of these dental sticks in the Easter Road and Calton Hill areas and the post warned everyone to be on the lookout.
However, I'm keeping my eye out in all park areas just now because this is incredibly nasty and I fear it's not just a problem in Montgomery Park.
I know it's been reported to the police and they couldn't do much for the moment. However, I'm hoping that someone knows something and can give information to the police on this terribly cruel and stupid act.
So please keep an eye out when you are walking your dogs, not just in the Montgomery Park area but in any park, and if you know who left these drug sticks in the grass then I beg you, be a grass and dob them in to the police!