Canongate fire: Fire service called as smoke poured from Edinburgh city centre window - to find someone had burned their supper
Emergency services were called to the Canongate in Edinburgh’s city centre as smoke poured out of a residential window on Friday around 8.10pm.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service confirmed it received reports of a potential fire in a residential block on the Canongate in the Old Town.
As a precaution, due to the size of the building and the surrounding residential and commercial area, three appliances and a height appliance were dispatched.
On arrival, they established that it was smoke from burnt food and the wider area was safe.
A message from the Editor:Thank you for reading this article. We're more reliant on your support than ever as the shift in consumer habits brought about by Coronavirus impacts our advertisers.
If you haven't already, please consider supporting our trusted, fact-checked journalism by taking out a digital subscription.