East Lothian dad dies after he was electrocuted whilst cleaning windows
Heartfelt tributes have been paid to a Haddington dad who was electrocuted in a tragic accident at home.
Let us know what you think and join the conversation at the bottom of this article.
Daniel McFarlane, who owned a cleaning firm, is believed to have been fatally injured when he came into contact with a powerline.
The 36-year-old had been testing a new tool for window cleaning when the tragedy happened on Tuesday, June 1.
He was taken to Edinburgh’s Royal Infirmary where he was pronounced dead by medics.
It has been claimed that another worker was taken to hospital with burns after running to help Mr McFarlane.
Energy firm, SP Energy Networks, which owns the power lines said it was "deeply saddened" by his death.
A tribute, written by the business owner’s devastated sister Brooke Smith, was posted on Facebook.
Hundreds of friends have offered their condolences following the horrific incident.
One said: “Heart’s broken for you all. Sending all my love."
Another wrote: “Devastating news. Thinking about you all."
Others expressed their sadness over the loss of Mr McFarlane who was discribed as “one of the good guys.”
One friend said: “I’m still in shock, life can be so cruel. Definitely one of the good guys taken far too soon. Privileged to have known you.”
Another said: “You were one of a kind, I will always love you my friend.”
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "We were made aware of a 36-year-old man injured at a rural property near Haddington around 4.45pm on Tuesday, 1 June.
"The man has been taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary where he was pronounced dead.
"Enquiries to establish the full circumstances are ongoing but there are no apparent suspicious circumstances."
An SP Energy Networks spokesperson said: "We are deeply saddened by the death of member of the public following an incident near Haddington on Tuesday.
"Our thoughts and sympathies are with the individual's family and friends at this time."