WATCH: Heavy police presence in Edinburgh city centre street after fire crews called to reports of a blaze
Emergency services put out a fire at temporary accommodation for homeless people in Leith on Sunday morning with one man being checked over for injuries.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service sent out three fire appliance at 8.46am on Sunday to an address on Leith Street, however, left the scene shortly after.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue services said: “A male was checked over at the scene but did not require to go to hospital.”
Police and ambulance services were also reported to be in attendance.
Edinburgh Council, who own Leith Street Hostel, said the fire was ‘very small’ and no one was injured.
The fire was in one bedroom of the hostel and the resident staying there has been moved to a different room due to superficial damage.
An Edinburgh Council Spokesperson: “It was a small domestic fire which could have happened in any house in one room of the hostel and was put out by the fire service.
"No residents were injured.”