Police warn parents over dangerous TikTok 'Skullbreaker' craze

Police have warned that the Skullbreaker challenge could lead to serious injury (Twitter)
Police have warned that the Skullbreaker challenge could lead to serious injury (Twitter)

Police have warned parents and children over a dangerous Tiktok craze amid fears that it could lead to serious injury.

Known as the "skullbreaker challenge", authorities in Spain warned that participating in the challenge could cause "serious injuries to children".

The challenge involves two participants kicking a third jumping participant, knocking them off balance and typically forcing them to land on their head.

According to reporting by the Daily Mirror police in the Spanish city of Granada warned.

Most Popular

    “This game is doing the rounds in some schools.

    “We would like to warn our followers so they share this message with the aim of avoiding such dangerous practices, that can cause serious injuries to children."

    Originated in Venezuela

    The violent and viral craze is believed to have originated from Venezuela, where it earned the name Rompcráneos, translating literally as skullbreaker.

    One video shows a child hitting their head on concrete as a result of the "challenge".

    The child is believed to have attended Santo Tomas Aquino College in capital city Caracas, with the school tweeting a statement earlier this week.

    They warned: “Recently a video showing some pupils from our school taking part in a game where they were supposedly endangering the safety of one of the boys, has gone viral on social media.

    “The school insignia can clearly be seen in the video.

    “That’s why the the pupils and their respective representatives were summonsed today to a meeting with school chiefs to initiate the corresponding procedures.”

    The latest dangerous playground craze

    The Skullbreaker Challenge is the latest playground craze to be causing concern among authorities.

    “I cannot emphasise enough how dangerous these can be if swallowed.

    “You may wonder why a child would swallow these or you may think ‘my child wouldn’t swallow them’ but I plead with you not to take the risk.”

    The doctor went on to warn that surgery could be required if a child were to swallow the metal object.