Everything we know after Trainspotting 2 star Bradley Welsh shot dead in Edinburgh's West End
Former boxer and Trainspotting T2 actor Bradley Welsh has died after being shot in Edinburgh’s West End.
Here is everything we know so far:
- Armed officers were sent to Chester Street at around 8.35pm, with part of the road cordoned off from Walker Street to Manor Place.
- Multiple police vehicles are in attendance, including a dog unit as well as ambulances and paramedics.
- Officers have allegedly told residents to stay indoors, with the cordon having been extended as far back as Drumsheugh Gardens.
- One resident, Alasdair Morton, 46, said: “They (Police) said ‘there’s a gunshot wound to the head somewhere’. We could still hear noises that suggested there was a situation still going on.”
- Two people are understood to have identified themselves as family members to police at the scene.
- Ambulance Incident Response Unit has now left the scene.
- On arrival of emergency services a man was found seriously injured in the street and sadly passed away at the scene.
- His death is being treated as suspicious and inquiries are continuing.
- The deceased is Trainspotting 2 star Bradley Welsh.
- Anyone who believes they have any relevant information should contact police immediately.
Keep checking back to the EEN website for latest updates as we get them