Take a look at Edinburgh’s Granton district through the years...
Situated in north Edinburgh, Granton forms part of Edinburgh's waterfront along the Firth of Forth and is known, historically, for its industries, including fishing, wire-manufacturing and gas production, as well as its harbour and once numerous factories.
1. Double rubble
Two little boys playing in the rubble left after the old flats at West Granton were demolished, December 1992. Photo: Alistair Linford
2. Vintage motorcar
A 1912 Minerva at John Gibson's Marine Section on Middle Pier Granton. The district was home to Britain's first car factory in the early 1900s. Photo: TSPL
3. HMS Claverhouse.
RNVR HMS Claverhouse 4th Division - Inspection in Granton Square, 1957. Photo: TSPL
4. Boys Brigade
65th Coy Boys Brigade Inspection at Granton Primary School by Mr P R Sharp, 1964. Photo: TSPL